When staging your home for resale you always want the MLS pictures to draw in buyers. Builder beige walls don’t give any ‘wow’ factor but homeowners often don’t or can’t paint the walls for various reasons. My job is to come up with inexpensive yet effective solutions with keeping the builders beige walls.
Here are 5 simple solutions by Styled & Staged:
1. Drapes – don’t worry. I’m not talking about custom drapes. Each of these drape panels were $10 each and the rods were about $15 each. They frame the window and create a focal point.
2. Artwork – I always use large canvas artwork for the most impact. I always use artwork that keeps the integrity of the home and the homeowner’s furniture.
3. Accessories -once you’ve chosen the artwork you can add the same colours in the toss cushions, candles, dishes etc
4. Bed Linens – you want buyers to see that each bedroom is very different from one another or they lose track if all the walls are the same builders beige. You want kids to claim a room for themselves as their own as they walk through the house so it’s important to consider the demographics of who your potential buyers will be
5. Lighting – in order for a home to feel more inviting you want to create different levels of lighting. This is easily done with attractive chandeliers, floor lamps, table lamps and pot lights. If you only have overhead lighting it can be harsh on the eyes. Table lamps add atmosphere and ambiance.